I had no idea there was something like this actually. An award for blogs where your friends or readers could nominate you. Well thanks to Gokulane. He nominated me for this award and it feels good when people want to motivate you like this.
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
So here goes the random 11 facts about me…
Random Facts about me:
- Aratrika is not my actual name. It is just a pen name I chose randomly when I wanted to start a blog.
- I wrote my first novel when I was in 10th grade. Here is the link for it.
- I love talking to plants and trees. They do listen to all the BS you gotta say…
- I can mimic minion voice and language without the help of helium gas
- I have more nicknames than Dr.Dorian from Scrubs. Thanks to a bunch of crazy hooligans I befriended 3 years back
- I never get to eat the cakes I bake. Like ever…
- I wear a hijab not because I want to convert to Islam, but because I like the secure feel that piece of cloth gives me.
- Recent song that has been played a lot is “Cheap Thrills” By Sia.
- I like to look at dresses on instagram for no good reason.
- I have written a few fanfictions based on a couple of anime series. But haven’t touched them in a while.
- I follow the JL8 comics.
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
11 questions answered:
- Who/What inspires you?
Pretty much everything and every one around me are an inspiration for me. There is always something for us to learn even from a little kid. In general, this world, our lives are my inspiration.
- Why do you blog?
I talk a lot. And usually no one is ready sit and listen to someone ramble on and on about what they saw or how they feel. Writing a journal didn’t work well for me since it is again staying locked up. So I started blogging how I felt about a lot of things.
- Do you have a favorite book – if so which one?
Okay I honestly don’t have “a” favorite book. I can give more than one title under this category. Starts with Jane Eyre, Harry Potter series, Chicken Soup for Teenage Soul and so on…
- What do you value most in life?
Definitely not the big things. Life is full of this little things that makes you smile and cherish it. And those are exactly what I value the most. Not some object, some jewelry or anything. But a fortune chit that came in a fortune cookie, a train ticket, a few beautiful memories are my most valued possessions.
- What does a normal day in your life look like?
Well, I wake up sometime around 7. If I had prepared any veggies for lunch I would proceed to make rotis to go with it while sipping on green tea. Then get ready and go to office by 10. Come back home by 8 or 9. Have a tall glass of milk while watching any series (one episode per day) and go to bed after a hot shower. Where I will be reading some book till I fall asleep. That’s all I guess!
- Whats your most favorite food?
Depending on the time of the day it always coils down to Mutton Briyani or Pizza. Most of the time.
- Whats the most memorable gift which you have ever received?
Ummmm… Every gift I have received has been pretty memorable for me. Every single one of them.
- What do you admire most about yourself?
No matter how much I cry or feel depressed, I still go on. Whether or not I get help I somehow get up and walk. I have no idea how I have been doing it, but then I think that’s something great…
- One favourite track that you like to listen on repeat and never get bored of it?
An Instrumental track called “In your presence” by Punya Srinivas
- Whats your dream travel destination?
Kyoto, Japan during the Sakura Blossom season.
- Whats your peace spot, the place you like to visit when you are down?
Before I shifted away from my parents’ house I used to go and sit on the over head tank whenever I feel down or even bored. Sometimes I go there and lie down to star gaze all night. One of the spots that calms me down easily. I miss that place.
The Bonus question will be answered in private message 😀
So I have to dig out 11 questions for the people I am going to nominate right? Hmmm.. Lets see…
- When was your last vacation and where did you go?
- When you are at a buffet would you try out all the desserts available?
- What is your best feature according to you?
- What would be your dream job?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What do you do on your spare time?
- All time favorite male and female celebrity?
- Say you won 1 million rupees. What would be the first thing you do with it?
- The one fictional character you would like to date?
- How do you brighten up a not so good day?
- If there is one advice you would give to your past self what would it be?
Now for the bloggers that I would like to nominate:
- Shravanthi – https://shravanthikripa.com/
- Kishor – https://kishorthinks.wordpress.com/
- Dhivya – https://indianhagrid.wordpress.com/
- Aishwarya – http://girlysteps.blogspot.in/
- Jenny – http://imaginativerealist.blogspot.in/
- Charan – http://myopinionsdocumented.blogspot.in/
- Sriram – https://mypradoxicalparadise.wordpress.com/
- Madhvi – https://shadesaufgrey.wordpress.com/
- Nirmal – https://njsays.wordpress.com/
- Baby Dumbledore – https://outofanabandonedhospital.wordpress.com/
- Mahendran – https://devadhaithozhan.wordpress.com/
These are some of the blogs that I read and enjoyed and think that they deserve an award.
Have fun guys..