- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (white)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (can use either brown or demerera sugar)
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- Beat the butter until it is creamy.
- Add the sugar (both the sugars) beat well. Since demerera sugar has big crystals the creaming will not be evident.
- Add one egg and beat well.
- Once the egg is mixed, add the vanilla essence.
- Mix salt and baking powder with the flour. Add that to the butter-sugar mixture and fold.
- Then add the cinnamon powder and add the milk little by little.
- Finally add the finely chopped apples.
- Line muffin mold with liners or butter. Distribute the batter equally.
- Bake at 190º C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Heres a how to video of it: